Unanimous AI's crowd-sourced system predicts the Los Angeles Dodgers will win the next World Series. The AI forecasts that the Dodgers, Yankees, Astros, and Twins will win their respective divisions this season by large margins, setting the stage for the Dodgers and Yankees to face off in their 12th World Series.
- MLB's abridged season kicked off today and will have 60 games instead of the usual 162.
- Unanimous AI's technology capture's peoples input on topics by linking them in real-time using AI algorithms modeled after swarms, according to founder and chief scientist Louis Rosenberg.
- Last year, its Swarm AI system correctly predicted that the Houston Astros would go to the World Series, but was wrong when it said they would beat the Nationals. Its predictions last season were about 59% accurate, higher than the 55% typically achieved in Vegas.
- Its UNU platform correctly predicted 11 of the 15 winners of the 2016 Academy Awards.
- Rosenberg said he's unsure how this year's shortened season will impact Unanimous' forecasts.