- During this holiday season, find out how SimpliSafe is protecting over 3 million homes with less markup and more security.*
- MIT machine learning models show that Moderna, Pfizer, and other COVID-19 trial vaccines may not cover people of Black or Asian ancestry as well as they do for white people.
- New non-profit MLCommons released its first effort: a public 86,000-hour speech dataset for AI researchers called the People’s Speech dataset.
- A hiring algorithm reflected biases against female job candidates using data from human reviewers, according to a new University of Melbourne study.
- Synthesia released a personalized video greeting with an AI Santa, who can say whatever users type in.
- Google bought data management company Actifio, terms undisclosed.
- Revtown’s changing the denim game by applying the best parts of workout clothes—comfort, flexibility & durability—to jeans.*
*This is a sponsored post.