- More than 500,000 investors have opened accounts with this fintech platform to automate money management with ease.*
- Venture capital firms invested $6.3B into robotics companies in the past year, up from $4.3B a year earlier, according to a PitchBook analysis. This includes AMP Robotics' $55M for recycling robots and Neocis' $72M for robotic-assisted dental surgeries.
- A New York City Council member wants to ban police agencies from using weaponized robots, after videos of the NYPD's four-legged "Digidog" went viral. Councilman Ben Kallos' bill would not actually outlaw Digidog, a painted version of Boston Dynamics' Spot, which is unarmed.
- In related news, the ACLU is warning that the use of robot dogs and other advanced technologies by law enforcement could threaten civil liberties if not controlled by clear policies.
- A $75M advanced robotics facility recently opened at the University of Michigan. The Ford Robotics Building has classrooms and research labs for all types of robotics initiatives, including walking and roving robots.
- Amazon is at the "late-prototype stage" with its secret home robot Vesta, according to Business Insider. The Vesta has been under development for four years, and more than 800 people are working on the project.
- Mowing company Toro acquired Left Hand Robotics, producer of an autonomous snow-plowing robot that can clear sidewalks and mow lawns on its own.
- AI startup Symbio announced its official launch following a $30M funding round. The Bay Area company will roll out its robotics software to boost automation at U.S.-based Nissan and Toyota factories.
- Is your brand beating the competition? Take a free, 3-question brand awareness survey with Attest to find out.*
*This is sponsored content.