Only 40% of business leaders say their company has adopted an enterprise-wide AI strategy, according to Deloitte's latest State of AI in the Enterprise report. Those with an AI strategy and leadership were 1.7 times more likely to experience high outcomes in their business, it found.
- Deloitte surveyed 2,875 executives from 11 countries in the Americas, Europe, and Asia from March to May 2021.
- It found that 66% said AI is critical to their success.
- However, only about a third had adopted leading AI operational practices.
- About 28% of respondents reported high AI deployments vs. 29% who had few, if any.
- MLOps, or machine learning combined with information technology operations, was also a big factor.
- Companies that document and enforce MLOps processes are twice as likely to reach their AI goals as those that don't.
- They were also twice as likely to report being "extremely prepared" AI's many risks.