- Amazon acknowledged that it donated to the campaign of Tennessee state Rep. Susan Lynn, a known QAnon conspiracy theory promoter, last year, but does not plan on donating again.
- Amazon hasn't said what it will reveal at its fall Alexa hardware event, which takes place at 1 p.m. ET Sept. 24. Last year, it unveiled a third-gen Echo speaker, Echo Studio speaker, Echo Show 8 smart display, and Echo Frames glasses.
- Uber has hired Sukumar Rathnam, Amazon's former selection and catalog systems VP, as its new chief technology officer.
- Amazon announced it made an investment in Tesla co-founder JB Straubel’s Redwood Materials, one of five entities in which Amazon has invested more than $2b this year as a part of its "Climate Pledge Fund."
- BJ's Wholesale Club is outpacing Amazon, as well as Costco and Sam's Club, in sales growth.
- Amazon released trailers for four new original horror movies, all produced by Blumhouse, which will hit Prime Video throughout October.
- Brands see 18.5% of e-commerce revenue from SMS marketing. See 6 top SMS campaigns here.*
*This is a sponsored link.