According to Collider, Harry Styles is currently in talks to star in a feature adaptation of the Bethan Roberts novel "My Policeman" for Amazon Studios. The story, set in England in the 1950s, revolves around a love affair between two men who hide their relationship to avoid social scrutiny.
- Styles would play Tom, a policeman who's attracted to museum curator Patrick, but nonetheless marries schoolteacher Marion to keep up appearances.
- The story involves a flashback structure, looking back on the affair after the characters have aged.
- Lily James is in negotiations to play Marion.
- Michael Grandage ("Genius") will direct; Ryan Nyswaner ("Philadelphia") wrote the adaptation.
- Styles will next be seen in the thriller "Don't Worry, Darling" from director Olivia Wilde.