- Jeff Bezos will open his first free preschool for children from low-income families on Oct. 19. The Bezos Academy in Des Moines, Wash., will be the first of many preschools for underserved children, he said.
- Amazon paid $148.5m for a 1.5-acre site and hotel in Pentagon City to expand its HQ2.
- Sports broadcaster Dan Patrick teamed with Amazon Music and IMDb to launch a podcast focused on iconic moments in film and TV history.
- Bezos-founded Blue Origin is hiring an “Orbital Habitat Formulation Lead" that suggests the company will begin developing habitable space stations.
- Amazon is building an in-house flight simulator to test out its delivery drones.
- Amazon Studios will produce the film "All the Old Knives," starring Chris Pine and Thandie Newton.
- Sales of the nearly 3-year old Xbox One X were up 747% on Amazon's 'Movers and Shakers' chart yesterday due to name mixups with Xbox's new product, the Xbox Series X.
- Amazon expanded its app-based telehealth services for its Washington state employees.
- Brands see 18.5% of e-commerce revenue from SMS marketing. See 6 top SMS campaigns here.*
*This is a sponsored link.