Amazon confirmed that Prime Day will take place over 48 hours on Oct. 13 and 14. The e-retailer postponed the original Prime Day, typically held in July, due to the pandemic.
- Amazon has introduced several early Prime Day deals, including a small business promotion (see below).
- It's the latest date for a Prime Day and the first time it's occurred in Q4. Amazon Prime VP Jamil Ghani said the company believes this year's event will be "bigger than it has ever been."
- Sales during Prime Day typically surpass Black Friday sales. For example, last year's sales over two days were higher than those from Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2018 combined.
- The number of Prime members has grown from 2 million in 2009 to 150 million in 2020.
- Prime Day takes place in the U.S. as well as Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Turkey, and the U.K. India's Prime Day took place Aug. 6-7.
Early Prime Day deals:
- Small business promotion: Prime members who spend $10 on items sold by certain Amazon small businesses will receive a $10 credit to use on Prime Day. The offer, which runs through Oct. 12, is part of Amazon's $100m commitment to support small businesses this year...