Amazon announced it will donate to more than a thousand charities around the world during the holiday season. The company has pledged to give millions of items via monetary and product donations to charities that support communities impacted by the pandemic.
- Amazon will be supporting organizations in the U.S., Canada, India, Germany, Australia and several other countries.
- Amazon has teamed up with celebrity partners from around the world including actress Gabrielle Union and hockey player Mitch Marner. The celebrity partners will engage in large-scale donation events and participate in virtual interviews during the Holidays.
- Amazon will also start to fulfill hundreds of AmazonSmile Charity Lists for organizations that focus on issues such as hunger, homelessness, and disaster relief. AmazonSmile has donated more than $215m since its inception.
- Amazon customers will be able to select and donate a toy for kids from Amazon's Toys for Tots wish list. The company will match all donations until Jan 11, 2021.
- During the pandemic, Amazon says it has donated 13,000 laptops for students, seven million meals and $5m worth of Amazon devices to nonprofits and healthcare workers. The company has also given $10m worth of PPE and $20m for COVID-19 research.