After apologizing yesterday for the insensitive depiction of Hindu gods and goddesses, creators of Amazon's political drama "Tandav" announced today they will implement changes to the show. Yesterday, Ali Abbas Zafar apologized publicly in the face of the backlash.
- Today, many individuals in India planned to protest against the Amazon drama, which debuted on Prime last week.
- The Indian Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, which has begun regulating streamed media content, stated that it had reached out to Amazon executives about the issue.
- Some local legislators filed complaints with the local police alleging Amazon published material to outrage religious viewpoints and cause harm.
- Police in Uttar Pradesh confirmed they initiated an investigation into Aparna Purohit, chief of Amazon India's original Prime Video content.
- Amazon has stated that India is a high priority target market and currently has over 80 original film or TV show titles in production or development for the country.
- Earlier this month, an Amazon executive called India one of the most exciting streaming markets in the world.