Steven Yeun and Ali Wong will team for a new 10-episode comedy-drama series for the A24 studio. According to Deadline, a number of networks and streamers -- including Netflix, Amazon, FX, and Apple -- have all expressed interest in picking up the series.
- "Dave" executive producer Lee Sung Jin created and wrote the new series, and will serve as showrunner.
- Lee previously wrote for the Netflix animated series "Tuca & Bertie," which starred Wong in a lead role.
- No plot synopsis or logline for the half-hour series has yet been released.
- Yeun has been nominated for the Best Actor Oscar this year for his performance in the A24 drama "Minari."
- Though mainly known for independent film releases, A24 has recently expanded into television, with series including "Ramy," "Euphoria," "At Home with Amy Sedaris," and "Moonbase 8."
This story first appeared in Inside Streaming. You can read the full issue here.