U.S. e-commerce sales will range between $850B to $930B in 2021, according to Adobe Analytics. In Q4 2020, Amazon posted revenue of $125.6B, up 44% YoY. It expects Q1 2021 sales to be between $101B and $106B.
- Online sales in 2020 were $844B, a 42% increase YoY. Between March 2020 and February 2021, online sales hit $844B, a $183B increase YoY.
- Amazon benefited greatly from the COVID-19 pandemic as total sales rose to $386.1B in 2020.
- Online sales in 2022 are expected to hit $1T for the first time. In the first two months of 2021, they hit $121B, a 34% increase YoY.
- Between Feb. 1 - Feb. 21, 2021, online grocery sales rose by 230 compared to Jan. 6 - Jan. 26, 2020 (pre-pandemic).
- Earlier this month, the e-commerce giant opened its 11th supermarket in the U.S. and it reportedly plans to open 28 more.