A reimagined Jira Software. Simpler and more powerful than ever before. Learn more.
6. Self-driving car startup Pony.ai has raised $102 million in a Series A of funding. Investors include Sequoia Capital China and Morningside Venture, among others. The company has secured a permit to test self-driving cars in Beijing. — VENTURE BEAT
7. Toyota is launching a car-sharing service in Hawaii. The service is named “Hui” and will be available on the island of Oahu, giving users the ability to rent and unlock a Toyota or Lexus via a smartphone app. This is similar to Maven, a car-sharing service operated by GM. — ROADSHOW
8. Malaysia will be opening a probe into the monopoly risk through the merger between Uber and Grab. The country’s transport ministry said it has received many complaints about rising fares since the merger. — REUTERS
9. Ride-hailing service Grab is launching grocery service in Jakarta and Indonesia. The company is partnering with Southeast Asian grocery delivery provider HappyFresh to launch GrabFresh. There are plans to expand the service to Thailand and Malaysia later this year. — ENGADGET
10. Tesla CEO Elon Musk discusses being labeled as a "billionaire." "Ironically, the “billionaire” label, when used by media, is almost always meant to devalue & denigrate the subject. I wasn’t called that until my companies got to a certain size, but reality is that I still do the same science & engineering as before. Just the scale has changed." — @elonmusk