Series A funding tracker: This week, 34 companies raised Series A funding for a total of ~$520m.
Top three categories:
- Healthcare – 45%
- Data and AI-based startups – 10%
- Social video app companies – 6%
Companies that raised above $25m:
- Neogene Therapeutics develops cancer treatments; it raised $110m in the recent funding round led by investors including Jeito Capital and Syncona Partners.
- Hexagon Bio develops targeted small molecule therapeutics based on data science. The Column Group led the $47m funding round.
- KeepIt provides cloud backup service for SaaS applications like Office 365 and Salesforce. It raised $30m in a funding round led by One Peak Partners.
- Attralus develops treatment for amyloidosis; it raised $25m in a funding round led by venBio partners.