- Bottled water company Nongfu Spring's founder Zhong Shanshan became the wealthiest person in China following a surge in its share price. As of yesterday's closing, his stakes boosted his fortune to $60b, surpassing Alibaba founder Jack Ma's $57b.
- Microsoft is set to provide a perpetual license offer for the customers who don't prefer recurring Office 365 subscriptions. The exact details of the license are unknown yet and are expected to be available starting in 2021.
- Facebook launched an independent "Oversight Board" to help determine what content should be removed from the platform. The board will likely start accepting cases in October but is expected not to pass any rulings before the presidential election.
- ByteDance is seeking approval from Chinese authorities for its deal to make TikTok Global a U.S.-based company.
- Brands see 18.5% of e-commerce revenue from SMS marketing. See 6 top SMS campaigns here.*
*This is a sponsored link.
We're hiring! Check out our available positions: