How Liam's former company made its first $100:
- His first company was in the cloud computing space. It was bootstrapped and had a strong founding team
- They encountered a first-time founder who didn't have a team or technical skills. He had secured a six-figure funding round from an angel investor.
- That founder paid Liam's company $10,000 to build his product.
- The initial $10,000 paid for the first three months of runway. The company would raise its first round of funding in month three.
- At Mac's first company (a crowdfunding platform for gifts), he and his team spent the initial two years building the product and didn't focus on finding customers. When they sought venture funding, they struggled to secure it due to a lack of customers.
- Mac found his first 100-500 customers by spending time on Twitter to find people who were talking about important life events such as birthdays and weddings.
Listen to the full episode.