🍋 FRESH FUNDING 🍋
Plaid, fintech API provider: $425M. The Series D funding round was co-led by Altimeter Capital and Silver Lake, both new investors in the project.
- The funding round comes just after the U.S. Department of Justice’s antitrust lawsuit prevented an acquisition of Plaid by Visa.
- The latest funding gives Plaid a post-money valuation of $13.4B.
- Plaid anticipates using the fundraised proceeds to further expand their platform to the U.K. and Europe.
MobileCoin (MOB), private payment systems: $11M. The Series A funding round was backed by Future Ventures and General Catalyst.
- MobileCoin is working with encrypted messaging service Signal to beta test MOB as the cryptocurrency for its new “Signal Payments” feature.
- Beta testing is currently only available in the U.K., but Signal plans to expand into the U.S. if feedback from the beta is positive.
- MOB reached an all time high of $73.45 yesterday and is currently trading at $40.14.