Foundation Devices, Hardware Wallet: $2M⮕The seed funding round was led by Bolt with participation from Warburg Serres, Fulgur Ventures, Third Prime, Deep Ventures, and others.
- Foundation provides an open hardware foundation for bitcoin using decentralized, open-source software.
- Passport, the company’s first hardware wallet, began shipping last month.
- The latest fresh funding will be used to improve Passport’s firmware updates, design enhancements, and companion software.
Ledger, Hardware Wallet: $380M⮕ The Series C funding round was led by 10T holdings with participation from Draper Associates, Tekne Capital, Uphold Ventures, Rosemoor Capital, Libertus Capital II, and others.
- Ledger has reached unicorn status with a $1.5B valuation.
- According to the announcement, Ledger has sold over 3M hardware wallets which secure around 15% of all cryptocurrencies in circulation.
- Ledger plans to use the fresh funding to expand its offerings across all crypto ecosystems and expand its DeFi solutions.
Unbound Finance, DeFi/Stablecoin: $5.8M⮕ The seed funding round was led by Pantera Capital and Arrington XRP Capital, with support from CMS Holdings, Hashed, LedgerPrime, LD Capital, ArkStream Capital, ZeePrime Capital, Coin98 Ventures, and others.
- Unbound developed the first decentralized cross-chain stablecoin.
- The startup is a provider of liquidation-free collateralization for interest-free loans against liquidity pool tokens.
- Unbound will use the fresh funding to further the development and growth of their team and protocol.