Candy Digital, NFT Marketplace: $100M ⮕ The Series A funding round was co-led by Insight Partners and Softbank’s Vision Fund 2 with participation from Connect Ventures, Will Ventures, Gaingels, Athletes Syndicate, and others.
- Candy Digital is an NFT collectible marketplace owned by sports merchandise and MLB partner Fanatics Inc.
- The platform, founded by Fanatics CEO Michael Rubin, Galaxy Digital’s Mike Novogratz, and Gary Vaynerchuk reached a post-funding valuation of $1.5B.
- Rubin owns 40% of Fanatics, is a part-owner of the Philadelphia 76ers, and has an estimated net worth of over $8B.
FTX, Crypto Exchange: $420.69M ⮕ The Series B-1 funding round was participated in by Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Ribbit Capital, the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, and others.
- FTX reached a post-funding valuation of $25B, making it the most valuable crypto exchange in the world.
- The two-year-old crypto exchange raised $1B in its initial Series B funding round, reaching a post-funding valuation of $18B.
- FTX has made several brand partnerships over the past few months, including a collaboration with the NBA’s Stephen Curry and the NFL’s Aaron Jones.
- BlackRock Inc manages funds from the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan.
Mojito, NFTs/Infrastructure: $20M. The funding round was led by Future Perfect Ventures and participated in by Moore Strategic Ventures, CMT Digital, Sfermion, and Ancient.
- Mojito is an NFT compliance platform that helps users sell NFTs via their own websites or storefronts.
- The NFT platform provider received a post-funding valuation of $100M.
- Mojito most recently made headlines after it supported the development of Sotheby’s Metaverse.
MonkeyBall, Blockchain Gaming: $3M ⮕ The seed funding round was participated in by Jump Capital, CMS Holdings, Solana Capital, 6th Man Ventures, NFX, and others.
- MonkeyBall is a play-to-earn NFT game based on the Solana (SOL) blockchain described as a cross between “FIFA Street and Final Fantasy.”
- Both players and watchers of the game have the opportunity to earn MonkeyBall’s MonkeyBucks (MBS) tokens for winning or supporting games.
- The team is expecting the game to launch on both desktop and mobile platforms around Christmas.
Synchrony, Asset Management: $4.2M ⮕ The strategic funding round was participated in by Sanctor Capital, Wintermute Trading, and GBV Capital.
- Synchrony is a Solana (SOL) based copy trading and asset management protocol.
- The fresh funding will be used to further develop the platform and expand marketing operations.
- Synchrony lets users create custom trade parameters to execute trades using a wealth of on-chain data, including wallet analytics and exchange oracles.