Many business leaders lack knowledge of AI, ML, and data science, which is hampering their ability to deploy them, according to a new Forrester report. The market research firm shared seven insights for businesses to better leverage the technologies:
- AI is often over-hyped, so if it looks like something a layperson would expect, it's probably doomed to fail.
- Look for AI/ML projects that are technically feasible, rather than focusing solely on the end goal and business value.
- If users don't care or won't use it, it won't matter. Plan an AI project from end-to-end and involve end-users to increase the likelihood of success.
- Work with the data you have right now, and improve it over time.
- Start small and build on successes. This could mean buying horizontal or vertical point solutions with embedded AI first, and then using custom models and applications.
- Before training, screen the data for built-in human biases.
- Don't let projects linger, and don't be afraid to kill projects to bring them back in more viable forms later.