Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro said he plans to reshuffle his cabinet next week. The far-right leader hopes to appease the "centrao," an influential congressional group, having lost popularity due to his management of the pandemic.
- With 546,000 deaths, Brazil has the second-highest COVID-19 death toll after the U.S.
- Bolsonaro faces a corruption case over Brazil's procurement of vaccines, which a Senate committee is investigating.
- Opinion polls show Bolsonaro is less popular than former leftist President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.
- Support from the "centrao" could help Bolsonaro avoid impeachment.
- Yesterday, YouTube said it removed videos from Bolsonaro's channel for spreading COVID-19 misinformation.