Elon Musk, Jack Dorsey, and Cathie Wood participated in a live discussion during "The ₿ Word" conference. Musk confirmed both Tesla and SpaceX own Bitcoin.
- Musk said Bitcoin could not be the base layer for the world's monetary system, but "at the second layer it's possible depending on how it's implemented."
- He said SpaceX is "playing a role in" the future of Bitcoin but did not elaborate.
- Musk said he's "pro-nuclear," and that Tesla will start accepting Bitcoin again once renewables account for at least 50% of its energy sources.
- Wood said Bitcoin is already "much more environmentally friendly" than gold mining or traditional finance "in many ways."
- Last week, Jack Dorsey tweeted that Square is creating a decentralized finance (DeFi) business.
- The Twitter CEO said his biggest focus is now on Bluesky, "a decentralized social media protocol."