ATTENTION READERS! We're launching a few new sections over the next few weeks we need your help with, which you can read about below. Please email us your suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Consensus Favorite: Briggs & Riley Luggage
1. 'Tis the season for travel, so our first "Consensus Favorite" feature will focus on your baggage (the physical kind, that is.)
Over 50,000 Consumer Reports members, The Wirecutter folks who spent hours testing 26 brands, and Buy It For Life sub-Reddit commenters likely procrastinating at work agree: buy your check-in or carry-ons from Briggs & Riley.
After surveying 52,000 Consumer Reports readers, the brand received the top score for durability, stowability, and ease of packing. Meanwhile, The Wirecutter also features Briggs & Riley on its guides to the best checked and carry-on luggage for some of the same reasons. Briggs & Riley luggage is loved because they not only come with a lifetime warranty, the brand even boasts a number of repair centers worldwide in case anything breaks while you travel. In addition, unlike other suitcases, you can fit in much more clothes in a small amount of space thanks to the brand's unique compression system.
The only downside? The price. At about $500-$700, we'll admit, these bags don't come cheap. Still, if you travel often, it's a great investment to make given just how long they last, and the perks that come along with. Indeed, one Buy It For Life sub-Reddit user sums it up quite nicely: "I'd rather truly buy for life than do several warranty exchanges at possibly inopportune times/places."
Do you have a "consensus favorite"? Please email us your suggestions at email@example.com!
What is a "Consensus Favorite"? These are products that are either "universally" considered the highest-quality according to the experts or are items that you absolutely love or want, from brands and sources that you trust. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with these products, source, and/or brand recommendations and I can feature them here. I'll find out where and when you can get the best discounts on them.
2. Fly to Amsterdam or Barcelona for as low as $441 roundtrip through KLM Airlines. You can book a flight out for most of 2019 and get it in the $400s range, although specific months vary by location. Readers departing from New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Chicago, and more are eligible for this deal. Depending upon where you're heading out from, such tickets can cost up to $800, so you're saving up to 45% on flights through this discount.
3. You can get 15 "expertly-selected" wines with a complimentary corkscrew kit in a wood box and free shipping for $90 through Wine Insiders. That means you'll be buying each bottle for $5.93, a $10 discount on wines that -- on average -- usually sell for about $16 so added up, you're saving a little over $60. Be aware, however, that while less than a handful of these wines are award-winning, most of these are just decent quality, while a few -- such as the 2014 Les Chartrons Bordeaux Supérieur -- are actually poorly reviewed. To get the best deal, be sure to choose and research carefully. Also, note that you're buying a membership when you purchase this. Wine Insiders will charge you every 12 weeks for a new set, so if you're just interested in a one-time purchase, you can quickly cancel your subscription at no extra charge after receiving the first order.
4. You can get 50% off on select flights through budget airline WOW Air. Jet off to a variety of cities, such as London, Paris, and Dublin, for half-off using code WOWXMAS by Sunday, December 16, 2018. Be aware, however, that WOW Air flights are cheap because they exclude some basic amenities: you have to pay extra for in-flight meals, checked bags ($48 when prepaid online and you have to pay it twice or more if there are stopovers), and oversized carry-ons. If you pay a little extra for food or checked bags, you're still getting a discount though.
5. Save $143 on the 2017 well-reviewed Dell XPS 13 (9360) laptop when you use the code 50OFF699 on Dell's website. This laptop is usually worth about $800, but today you can purchase it for $656.59. The normally $913 9370 model is also on sale for $784 when you use the same code.
7. You can get free additional gift cards -- and even food -- when you buy a gift card from chains such as Olive Garden, Blaze Pizza, Applebee's, iHOP, Buffalo Wild Wings, Red Lobster, Chili's, Cheesecake Factory, Panera Bread, Del Taco, Jamba Juice, and more. Check out the USA Today article for a full list. - USA TODAY
8. You can get up to 70% off select items from Michaels, and 40% off any regular-priced item when you purchase it online and pick it up in store using code GIFT40W. The latter deal ends on December 16, 2018, while the former is only available for today, December 14, 2018. - MICHAELS