1. Amtrak is offering 50 percent off one-way nationwide tickets starting Labor Day weekend. These tickets must be purchased either today or Aug. 17. Through this sale, you can, for instance, head out from San Francisco to Los Angeles for just $33, or travel from New York to Washington D.C. for $39. The discount is only available for travel during the month of September.
Product: Amtrak tickets
Deal: 50% off
How to buy: Purchase from Amtrak.
2. Best Buy is taking 50 percent off unlocked Google Pixel 3 smartphones. Originally around $800, the retailer is selling the smartphone starting at $400 if you activate it today. Otherwise, you'll still be able to get a discount if you activate it later, but you'll be paying $100 extra, getting the Pixel 3 for $500 instead.
3. Follow Friday: Zoe Morrison of @EcoThrifty
Let's get real: as wonderful as they are, Teslas and organic foods don't come cheap, and yet these frequently represent the face of sustainability, excluding some from embracing it. There's a belief you have to either choose between living an environmentally friendly lifestyle and having enough money to, well, live at all. That's why this week, I'd like to introduce you to Zoe Morrison, whose work proves that that's not always true. Morrison tweets, blogs, and has even written a book about living a "thrifty" eco-conscious life from her own personal experiences, making sustainability accessible to all. She covers a range of topics, like eco-thrifty gardening, recipes, frugal sustainable fashion tips, how to save money on your energy bills, reducing your kitchen waste, and more. You can check out Morrison's Twitter and blog here, or join her eco-conscious "thrifty" community on Facebook.
4. Patagonia is taking up to 50 percent off past season apparel, like vests and pullovers, for men, women, and kids. You can, for example, buy this $99 men's Houdini jacket for $59.40 instead. As a brand, Patagonia is well-known frequently praised for its durability and warmth, and I've previously recommended their stuff myself.
Product: Patagonia apparel
Deal: Up to 50% off
How to buy: Purchase from Patagonia.
5. Save $150 on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 10.5-inch tablet. Originally $650, Best Buy is currently selling the tablet for $500 instead. It's also throwing in a $50 Best Buy gift card to boot. Free shipping options are available.
Product: Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 10.5" tablet
Deal: Up to 23% off
How to buy: Purchase from Best Buy.
6. A consumer travel expert at Hopper reveals January is the cheapest time to fly out to Europe, while September is also a good month if you're looking for deals. Meanwhile, if you're interested in visiting London, England, this would be a good year to do so (specifically, either September or October), as flights are 24% lower than they were in 2018. - TRAVEL AND LEISURE
7. REI is taking up to 50 percent off styles from The North Face, Columbia, Under Armour, Patagonia, and more. - REI
8. Ann Taylor is taking 40 percent off your entire purchase when you use the promo code SOGOOD from now through Aug. 19. - ANN TAYLOR
9. Get up to 65 percent off outdoor decor and furniture during Wayfair's Prep for Fall sale. - WAYFAIR
10. Take an extra 25 percent off already marked down designer sunglasses from Nordstrom Rack. - NORDSTROM RACK
We hope you like the deals we've found for you. Just so you know, Inside.com might collect something in return from the links on this page but that in no way affects the offers we pass along.
Editor: Bobby Cherry (senior editor at Inside, who’s always on social media).