Finding Dead CSS
- Not unused, but dead CSS. Legacy is dead, Long live Legacy!
Learn FFmpeg the hard way
- Helpful images and illustrations included. I’ve cobbled together a shell script I use for screencasting, but could have used deeper understanding.
Restructuring a giant, ancient codebase to make LibreOffice work well everywhere
- The dream job for every dev. I’ve followed Michael Meeks for over a decade now.
Building a Website with C++
- No, this is the dream job for every dev. Or a Jeopardy question whose answer is just “Why?”
Brushing up on operating systems and C programming
- Short list of helpful resources Shubhro Saha
wish he’d found earlier
JS things I didn’t know existed
- (MDN Docs ++) I am so happy when I stumble upon the MDN Documentation of anything
Fuzzing TCP servers
- I still think every protocol should come with a fuzzer, based on my time finding bugs in Slack’s IRC bridge.
My Mac Setup
- Just useful tips for overpriced laptops.
- there are lots of these, but this is one too.
Stripe Ending Bitcoin Support
- tl;dr Bitcoin is a terrible currency at present, Lightning Network when?
- kill space demons without suffering from speculative branch misprediction exploits.
Fir: A Friendly, Interactive Ruby REPL
- a replacement for irb or pry that supports auto-completion and is inspired by fish
Why Crystal is the most promising programming language of 2018
- 11 reasons > 5 limitations. Still clickbaity title with a premise I disagree with...but Crystal’s cool.
Mental Models I Find Repeatedly Useful
- Not explicitly developer-focused, but a great categorization of useful mental models.
- Want to build with grid but fallback to flex for IE 10 and 11? This will help. Better solution: stop supporting IE. But sometimes you can’t.
Why I left Google to join Grab
- I love Yegge rants and he hasn’t blogged in forever, so it goes here even if it isn’t strictly dev focused. tl;dr Google forgot how to innovate.
The accidental HFT firm
- My favorite part is when he wrote a new firmware for a networking component’s FPGA to shave 1ms off the network stack.
State Machine in Elixir with Machinery
- Maybe the coolest part is the dashboard view for your state machines. Doesn’t use gen_statem or gen_state_machine behind the scenes.
How I review code
- “remember to be a human”
Eve (programming language not space capitalism) is winding down
- pour one out, it was a good run. What will Chris Granger do next?
- I take issue with placing Ember in “Historically Significant”
How to solve 90% of NLP problems: a step-by-step guide
- one-hot encoding, TF-IDF, Word2Vec...I need a Bingo card.
I Am a 9 to 5 Developer (And So Can You!)
- Light Side vs. Dark Side. Both are winners to me.
Elixir Support for Google Cloud Platform
- Really cool to see first-class support for Elixir from a major cloud provider.
Bitcoin's Base58Check in Pure Elixir
- Any time you’re destructuring binaries in Elixir is a good time.