Dregs — too many happenings edition
- A framework where FP meets Swift
Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry grow closer
- Containers are the future. Half of Fortune 500 companies are using Cloud Foundry. Now they are working closer together with Kubernetes.
- React- motion + cool animations
Thoughtful Logging in Elixir: A Phoenix Story
- “Don’t use an axe.”
A collection of recursive css specimens
- Lots of fun with CSS spirals
Chatbots: What Happened?
- “Remember chatbots, the Next Big Thing of 2016?”
The Great Theorem Prover Showdown
- Hillel Wayne asked for formal proof of three somewhat simplistic functions on Twitter, and got a sweet blog post out of it.
Introducing Jenkins X: a CI/CD solution for modern cloud applications on Kubernetes
- The Jenkins X site
and a demo.
CSS at Scale: LinkedIn’s New Open Source Projects Take on Stylesheet Performance
- Discussion of trade offs. Take a look at the http://css-blocks.com/
or the API documentation
. If you need dead tree pruning, this is good.
Introduction to Decision Tree Learning
- Good starting point for early ML knowledge.
You have force pushed master.
Code Less, Think More… Incrementally!
- Incremental Delivery can lead to a more fit-for-purpose product, though it isn’t guaranteed to be less work.
Convolutions and Backpropagations
- I want to understand backpropagation better, to fix a bug :)
- Based on Destructuring Binding Patterns
What Is Immutable Infrastructure?
- Also, discusses how mutable is different from immutable
Building a Web App With Go, Gin and React
- Quick, fun tutorial with Auth as well :)
Redux - Not Dead Yet!
- Though your project might not need redux, that doesn’t make it irrelevant!
Richard Feldman points out a rather large company using Elm
- hint: rhymes with Bike Crow Loft.
and NPM 6
both released this week.
NPM’s getting way better on the security front.
A Gentle Introduction to Capabilities
- Checkout erights.org
and Mark Miller's thesis
, if you want to go deeper.
PostgreSQL Begins Landing LLVM JIT Support For Faster Performance
- This is going to be a big deal in PG11
Hijack of Amazon’s internet domain service used to reroute web traffic for two hours unnoticed
- NBD, but wait, no this is a huge deal. How did this happen?