WEB DEVELOPMENT MID-YEAR REVIEW: Check out part one of the mid-year review here: Version Control – GitHub, GitLab, and Git Mid-Year Review. Today, we're highlighting browsers, IDEs, operating systems, and the command line. Tomorrow, we'll dive into languages.
- Google released the stable version of Chrome 80, which introduced major changes in how the browser operates. While Chrome 80 came with support for SameSite Cookies, it was not immediately rolled out with the release of the new browser version as many anticipated. Google instead rolled out SameSite-by-default and SameSite=None-requires-Secure in Chrome 80 Stable the week of Feb. 17, 2020. However, Google started rolling back SameSite cookie labeling because of the coronavirus, although it resumed the enforcement of these changes over this summer.
- Google Chrome 79 stopped displaying...
General Chrome News:
- Google Chrome will start gradually blocking insecure HTTP file downloads downloading on HTTPS origins, Joe DeBlasio, who works on the Chrome security team, tweeted, sparking concerns among some developers about site breakages and more. From April through September, each Chrome release will gradually introduce new warnings and blocks. Starting with...
- Firefox 73: overscroll-behavior-block and overscroll-behavior-inline to CSS logical properties, giving developers another way to control the browser's actions when they've come to the end of a boundary of a scrolling area. For more details about changes relevant to developers in this release, click here.
- Firefox 74: Highlights include....
To read more, sign up for your FREE 14-day trial of Inside Dev Premium.
Check out part one of the mid-year review here: