Herman on the Mozilla layoffs, where Mozilla is now heading, and his time at Mozilla Research:
Herman, commenting on the layoffs:
- Herman acknowledges it's a scary time and he feels tremendous sympathy for his colleagues who are now out of jobs. "I still want to hold onto hope that Mozilla will find a way to keep things going." Herman says, however...
- Herman says that is a very simplistic perspective.
- Herman notes it, for one thing, can go...
- Herman says the argument on Twitter is always: "should you learn frameworks or vanilla JS?" He says this argument is...
Herman on his time with the TC39 Committee, and what went wrong with the unsuccessful 4th edition of ES4:
- Herman says he was really was involved in ES4 and that it was canceled for a good reason as there wasn't a clear adoption plan, nor was there...
- Herman's publisher actually asked him to write it. Herman then asked jQuery creator John Resig who was working with him at Mozilla for advice. Resig said one of the reasons he wrote books was...
Herman's favorite proposal:
What Drew Herman To Tech:
To continue reading the full piece, start your FREE 14-day trial of Inside Dev Premium today.