Notable Node.js v15.0.0 changes include:
- The release of npm 7, which comes with new features such as npm workspaces, support for yarn.lock files, and a new package-lock.json format, while peer dependencies are now installed automatically
- An experimental implementation of AbortController, describe as a global utility class based on the AbortController Web API you can use to signal cancelation in Promise-based APIs you choose.
- The new N-API 7, which comes with additional methods for working with ArrayBuffers
- The default mode for unhandledRejection has been changed to throw (from warn)
- Experimental support for QUIC, which can be enabled by compiling Node.js with the
- The ability to kick off CI runs and land commits by adding a GitHub label