Microsoft has released the Microsoft Edge Dev Channel for Linux. This means the browser is now available on all major desktop and mobile platforms.
- The new release supports Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, and openSUSE distributions.
- However, it currently doesn't support accounts that aren't local, signing in to Microsoft Edge via a Microsoft Account or AAD account, or features that require signing in.
- There are two ways to install:
- Download and install a .deb or .rpm package directly from the Microsoft Edge Insider site
- Alternatively, install from Microsoft’s Linux Software Repository using your distribution’s standard package management tools, by following the “Command line installation” instructions on the Microsoft Edge Insider site (deb/rpm).