- Two different interpreters, PyPy2.7 and PyPy3.7, respectively support Python 2.7 and Python 3.7's syntax and features.
- The team adds it will not be releasing an interpreter for Python 3.6, however, and instead will focus on updating to Python 3.8.
- Major changes to PyPy's implementation of the instances of user-defined classes, which should offer significant performance improvements
- Preliminary support for the Universal mode of HPy
- CFFI backend has been updated to version 1.14.5 and the cppyy backend to 1.14.2
For more information about changes, click here.