- The platform is useful for lightweight processing of web requests, like:
- Cache-key manipulations and normalization
- Generating a response to redirect requests to a different URL
- Looking at and modifying the HTTP header manipulation
- Access authorization
- Amazon says the platform costs around 1/6th the price of Lambda@Edge. It's free as a part of the AWS Free Usage Tier, while other users pay by the number of invocations. Check out the CloudFront pricing page for more details.
- Check out this tutorial to get started with Amazon CloudFront.