Android announced the release of the final Beta(5) of Android 12 before its official release. As platform stability was achieved in the previous release (Beta 4), all app-facing surfaces will be final including SDK and NDK APIs, app-facing system behaviors, and restrictions on non-SDK interfaces.
Here are some of the changes that Android has recommended developers test:
- Privacy dashboard that lets users adjust permissions and request details from the app for accessing data;
- Status bar that indicates when an app is using the device's camera or microphone;
- Microphone and camera toggles that let users deny access;
- New splash screen animation;
- New stretch overscroll effect.