Google announced the release of Dart 2.14 and Flutter 2.5. Flutter is a cross-platform UI framework written in Dart. The release is expected to bring performance and tooling improvements to developers.
Highlight features included in Flutter 2.5:
- Better Android full-screen support through the lean back, sticky, sticky immersive, and edge to edge modes;
- Support for Material You (v3) including updates to floating action button sizes and theming;
- Addition of scroll metric notification;
- Added support in DevTools to take advantage of engine updates;
- IntelliJ/Android Studio plugin lets developers run integration tests.
Highlight features included in Dart 2.14:
- Better support for Apple Silicon;
- New formatting to make cascades clear;
- New pub support for ignoring files.