The Parcel team announced the availability of stable Parcel v2.0.0. Parcel is a zero-configuration tool for the web, and Parcel 1's zero-configuration experience has been made scalable and extensible to projects of any size and complexity.
Here are the key highlight features announced:
- a new plugin system that makes Parcel scalable from side projects to massive production applications;
- support for ES modules, CommonJS, dynamic imports, and CSS modules;
- image resizing, conversion, and optimization including support for AVIF and WebP;
- improved cache reliability;
- support for ES module workers, worklets, service worker manifests, and much more.