5. Major League Baseball (MBL) has hired a lobbyist to represent the league on drone-related issues. Lisa Ellman, of the Hogan Lovells international law firm, will lobby for the league as it works with lawmakers "to develop new policies, procedures and approaches that continue to ensure fan safety," she said. Drones are prohibited at all MLB ballparks without special approval.
6. More than 70 drones were put on display as part of an exhibition at a global drone conference in China. The UAVs included an emergency rescue illumination drone. (Check out the photos here).
7. Drones account for the majority of an increase in U.K. air proximity reports over the last five years, according to the country's Civil Aviation Authority. The reports, which include near misses with other aircraft, increased to 272 in 2017, up from 172 in 2013, according to agency data.
8. The Sun reported that a man was questioned by police after flying a drone over U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May near Downing Street in London.
9. DJI has maintained that two leaked photos do not actually show its Phantom 5 prototype. A company spokesperson told DroneDJ that the photos shows "a one-off for a customer" and "not a P5 prototype.”
10. A county in east Texas has added a drone to its crime-fighting operations. The Henderson County Sheriff's Office plans to use the Inspire 1 drone to locate missing people, oversee active shooter sites and conduct analyses of crime scenes.