5. Artists at Studio Drift released a new film about the "Franchise Freedom" drone show, which lit up the skies during this year's Burning Man festival.
6. San Diego is seeking public input about drone use within its borders. The California city was chosen for the U.S. government's drone pilot program, which will conduct drone tests in certain municipalities over the next two years.
7. Drones are being used to help search for the remains of a missing Argentinian submarine. After the ARA San Juan disappeared a year ago, the Argentine government contracted with Ocean Infinity to locate the sub. The company recently deployed five underwater drones from its Seabed Constructor ship to search the ocean floor.
8. An Israeli startup has created a mountable device for commercial drones, which can assist with land surveying at construction sites.
9. A German company is selling alarms that can notify people when a drone is nearby. The tech from Dedrone relies on sensors that can monitor the airspace via movements, sound, and radio signals.
10. Fader's Stealth Drone has dropped in price to $49, normally $129. The quadcopter, which comes with an HD camera, is known for its stunt capability and auto control options.