5. Multiple Mexican news outlets are reporting that a drone did indeed crash into a Boeing 737 jetliner that was landing over Tijuana on Dec. 12.
6. The Washington Post published an in-depth report about Matt Chasen and his LIFT passenger aircraft known as Hexa. Chasen, a former Boeing engineer, plans to offer recreational flights aboard the vertical-takeoff-and-landing drone outside of Austin, Texas. As Chasen notes, the current "regulatory environment does not allow for a transportation use of these aircraft — yet."
7. Commercial UAV News profiled the top 5 companies that it says have pioneered the use of drones.
8. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, the president of Ghana, stood by the government's decision to invest in a medical drone delivery service. “I prefer drones delivery flying to deliver essential medicines to our people than an investment in guinea fowl that allegedly fly out to Burkina Faso without any trace,” he said, referring to the Savanna Accelerated Development Authority (SADA) project.
9. Drone Defence has made a reported upgrade to its Aeroguards mobile drone detection capability.
10. Kansas State University’s Polytechnic Campus will give out scholarships to first responders who want to attend a drone course at the school.