1. UAV Coach released the results of its 2019 drone industry survey, which shows how the drone industry is faring in the U.S. The data, which is based on 1,389 responses from alumni of its Drone Pilot Ground School test prep course, is outlined in an online summary report. The survey had 16 questions, which were posed to students between April 20 and May 20. Here are some key findings:
- The highest concentrations of commercial drone pilots are in California, Texas, and Florida.
- DJI dominates the list of most commonly used drones.
- More than half of drone pilots are freelancers or self-employed.
- The industries of construction, mining, and aggregates lead in utilizing drones.
- More than 60 percent of self-employed pilots began flying commercially within the last year. - UAV COACH