Costco partnered with Uber to offer same-day grocery delivery from 25 locations in Texas. Customers will have to place a minimum $35 order and will incur delivery fees unless they're Uber Pass or Eats Pass members.
- Earlier this week, Uber announced its same-day grocery delivery service is now available in 400 U.S. cities and towns.
- On Monday, Uber partnered with Albertsons to offer same-day delivery from its 1,200 U.S. stores.
- Last month, Uber became the sole owner of grocery delivery startup Cornershop in a $1.4B all-stock transaction.
- In March, Costco said online grocery sales rose by 450% YoY during Q2.
- Costco has a similar partnership with Instacart.
- Costco has over 100 million members worldwide.
- The service will be available at seven additional Texas locations in the next few weeks.
Note: Inside.com's founder and CEO, Jason Calacanis, is an investor in Uber.