German grocery delivery firm Gorillas raised $1B at a $3.1B valuation. German food delivery firm Delivery Hero invested $235M in exchange for an 8% stake in Gorillas.
- The company operates in nine markets, including the U.K., U.S., and France
- Gorillas says it has a $300M revenue run rate.
- Gorillas has raised $1.2B since its inception in 2020, according to Crunchbase.
- The funds will be used for growth in its existing markets.
- Talks for DoorDash to invest in Gorillas fell apart in August, as both sides disagreed on expansion plans.
In related news: