Amazon's logistics unit delivered 258 million packages in France last year, missing its previously set target of 419 million. Amazon delivered 229 million packages in 2019.
- Amazon is still the largest player in France's e-commerce market, controlling 19%, but its share is down from 22% in 2019.
- French e-commerce sales grew by 24% last year, while Amazon's revenue was up 7%.
- Amazon's e-commerce revenue in France is believed to be $9.6B compared to $29.6B in Germany and $26.5B in the U.K.
- Amazon has reportedly set a target of shipping 451 million packages in France this year.
- The company recently acquired the rights to Ligue 1 soccer, which is available on its Prime Video service, in an attempt to increase its membership.