AdWeek shared some key insights from meditation apps Calm and Headspace following both companies' frenetic and successful 2020s.
- Calm reached 100 million total downloads and 4 million paying subscribers in 2020.
- Calm saw its Election Night ad spend on CNN as a major risk, but one worth taking due to the amount of anxiety and stress caused by the election.
- According to iSpot, Calm had 241.7 million TV ad impressions from the beginning of September through Election Night, worth about $1.4 million.
- Headspace says downloads doubled in mid-March and five times as many companies as usual reached out about support for employee mental health.
- The company emphasized brand partnerships and free offerings for those suffering during the pandemic. This included a partnership with Hinge, and free premium accounts for the unemployed and those living in New York.