UFC president Dana White sent an official bout offer to Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier. The move came after the two fighters verbally agreed to take part in a charity exhibition match in McGregor’s hometown of Dublin, Ireland on Dec. 12.
- White and McGregor had been at odds lately after the latter released screenshots of their private conversations from February. McGregor meant to show the world that he’s been wanting to take a fight against UFC veteran Diego Sanchez, only to be denied by the UFC executive.
- McGregor and Poirier suddenly began talking on social media and ended up agreeing to fight in an exhibition match. McGregor offered to donate “half a mill” to Poirier’s charity, The Good Fight Foundation. An official poster for the said event was also released.
- On Wednesday, White told Barstool Sports that he extended an official UFC fight offer to both McGregor and Poirier, and is waiting for both men to respond. Not long after White’s interview, Poirier tweeted words “I accept.”
- McGregor and Poirier already fought in 2014 as featherweights. The Irishman won via first-round TKO.