- It all began with a tweet from Perry, stating he’d welcome anyone who offered the most money to join him and his girlfriend, Latory Gonzalez, on fight night. Middleweight contender Darren Till was the first bidder, offering $5K.
- Manager Malki Kawa later revealed that he “got a few calls” from “NFL clients” showing interest in helping Perry out. He didn’t give out any names.
- Adult film star Kendra Lust also made her bid of $6K. However, that was immediately shut down by Gonzalez.
- In May, Perry decided to get rid of all his coaches and have Gonzalez as the only person in his corner. Their debut as a duo in June turned out to be a success, as Perry handily defeated streaking prospect, Mickey Gall.
- UFC 255 takes place on Nov. 21 at the APEX facility in Las Vegas.