- Poirier fights in a southpaw stance and relies heavily on his boxing. Similarly, Pacquiao fights as a southpaw.
- McGregor later concurred with Poirier’s theory, stating his plan to continue sharpening his MMA skills against “tough competition” as he leads into his training for Pacquiao.
- McGregor wants the Poirier rematch within the year, which the UFC declined. They offered Jan. 23 as the date, which McGregor eventually agreed to. “The Notorious” then proposed the Dallas Cowboys Stadium as his preferred venue and expects fans to be in attendance.
- Poirier accepted the Jan. 23 date, which coincides with his birthday weekend. He did ask what weight they’ll be fighting at, considering he competes at lightweight (155 pounds), and McGregor’s last fight took place at welterweight (170 pounds).
- As for the Pacquiao fight, McGregor claims he is in “serious talks” with the Filipino boxing legend. He wants the fight to happen somewhere in the Middle East in 2021.