UFC welterweight Mike Perry is accused of domestic violence by his ex-wife and his own mother. As recounted by Perry’s former spouse Danielle Nickerson, the most recent incident happened in February in their Orlando home.
- According to Nickerson, an intoxicated Perry physically abused her during the night of Feb. 10. She escaped the ordeal by running towards the neighbor’s house next door. Nickerson then phoned Perry’s mother Sabra Young, who immediately picked her up.
- Fully aware of the situation, Perry followed the two women to Young’s nearby home. Young later called 911, reporting her son’s “violent” behavior outside the house. During this time, Nickerson was hiding inside, “very terrified.” Perry eventually left the scene.
- Weeks after the incident, Nickerson filed a restraining order against Perry, along with an injunction for protection against domestic violence. Her case was denied.
- Right before Nickeron’s story broke on Tuesday, the 29-year-old fighter released a statement, denying all claims. Perry says he already entered an “intensive rehab program” for alcohol abuse. He is also “hopeful” that Nickerson would “find peace” and “move on” as he did.
- “Platinum” Perry has a history of violence outside the UFC Octagon. In July, he was involved in an altercation with three people at a bar in Lubbock, Texas. No formal charges were filed.