UFC welterweight Mike Perry was badly injured after what appeared to be a daylong drinking spree. The 29-year-old Perry shared the incident through his Instagram stories.
- As seen in the clip, Perry was laying down on a floor next to a broken window. He later panned his phone camera towards his lower body, which showed his left leg with a deep gash. The floor beneath him was covered in a pool of his blood.
- "Platinum" never clarified what had happened. However, a few Twitter users captured Instagram story screenshots from Perry himself and his girlfriend Latory Gonzalez. They showed the fighter with a bottle of tequila in his possession.
- Alcohol abuse has been an issue for Perry over the last year. In July, he was involved in a drunken physical altercation at a bar in Texas where he ended up punching an older man. The incident was caught on video.
- In October, Perry's ex-wife Danielle Nickerson publicly accused him of domestic abuse. In a detailed tell-all, she revealed how an intoxicated Perry physically assaulted her in February.
- As a response to the July incident, the UFC released an official statement saying that Perry wouldn't be offered another fight unless he sought professional treatment. Nonetheless, Perry was able to fight again in November at UFC 255.
- Despite the UFC's response, company president Dana White isn't looking to sanction Perry because he's "fun to watch."