No-coders like Vensy Krishna are building projects aimed at connecting those in India with resources like hospital beds, oxygen cylinders, vaccines, and more as the country deals with a record-breaking surge in coronavirus cases. After her mother contracted COVID-19 in mid-April, Krishna and two others built the Hyd COVID Resources app in Glide in two hours for those in Hyderabad, capturing the attention of local celebrities and leading to a partnership with the Telangana government.
- Now, the team behind the Hyd COVID Resources app is offering free training sessions for those in other Indian cities and towns to build similar no-code solutions, encouraging others to build apps that use regional languages and have simple interfaces.
- Connect with the project's creator here and the team here to learn more about these free sessions.
Other notable apps built by no-coders addressing the Indian COVID-19 crisis (If you know of other no-code projects, please hit reply and share. I'd like to keep re-publishing and updating this list):
- The India COVID Resources app is powered by over 200 volunteers connecting those in India with verified resources.
- COVID-19 Mental Health Resources connects those in India with affordable mental health resources.
- Vizag COVID Resources is a crowdsourced app that connects Vizagites with COVID-19 resources.
- While unclear if this was built with a no-code tool, this directory lists legitimate charities you can donate to in exchange for a chat where you can learn from some of India's best product builders, entrepreneurs, and thinkers.