5. In case you missed it, Jana Kramer, an actress and country music singer, delivered her baby on a live podcast this week. Said Kramer, "My husband and I have always been an open book, so why not open the door to our delivery room?”
6. Allure Magazine launched a podcast yesterday which covers "all things beauty....from self-acceptance and self-care, to the latest in beauty innovations and obsessions." Actress Awkwafina, who starred in Crazy Rich Asians, guests on the show's inaugural episode.
7. In a roundtable piece for RAIN News, Steve Goldstein and six "industry pros" analyze why only 1% of podcast audiences are listening to shows via the Google podcast app. The group says the offering has been plagued by underwhelming promotion and placement on Android phones and the fact that the app itself is still bare-bones, six months after launch.
8. How old is your podcast? Dan Misener crunched the numbers and found that the median age of all podcasts available (as of late 2018) is about 6 months.
9. Acast, a podcast advertising platform, revealed that it's raised $35 million from investors, bringing the company's total funding up to $67 million. The Swedish company says it intends to use the capital to "expand into new and non-English speaking markets and develop technology to help publishers monetize their content on smart speakers."
10. Jeffrey Cranor, co-creator of Welcome to Nightvale, shares his holiday plans.